- This event has passed.
How To Prepare & Defend Your Communities Against COVID-19 Liability Claims: What Protections are Included in the New Legislation?
April 27, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am UTC-5
Senior living communities have worked tirelessly this past year and continue to follow guidance to protect their residents and staff from the COVID-19 virus. With, at best, limited federal protections under the PREP Act, and the inability of state executive orders limiting liability, the Florida Legislature sprung into action to provide our businesses, including long-term care facilities, Covid-19 liability protections via passage of SB 72.
Providers have many questions but, most of all, what does this legislation really mean and how does it protect providers? What type of protections are in place now to prevent lawsuits? What about my insurance coverage, rate premiums and claims coverages?
Tuesday, April 27, 2021 @ 10 a.m. (EDT) via Zoom
*Free to members and non-members
Part I – Overview of the new COVID-19 Liability Protections and How It Protects Your Community Against Lawsuits
Part II – Preparing for a Potential Wave of Claims and Premium and Coverage Changes
Part III – Governor’s Executive Order Prohibiting COVID-19 Vaccine Passports and How it Affects Mandating Vaccinations
- Understand the new legislation for COVID-19 liability protection
- Distinguish between business and healthcare liability protections under the law
- Identify best practices and safeguards for your community
- Understand how to prove substantial compliance and affirmative defenses for ALFs
- Understand how to prepare for pre-suit pleadings and good-faith compliance for ILs
- Instituting COVID-19 protocols in accordance with the executive order and CDC guidance
Target Audience: CEOs, Administrators, Risk Managers, Directors of Nursing
CEU: One (1) continuing education hour of credit for Nursing Home Administrators and Nurses with Florida Licenses.
- April 27, 2021
10:00 am - 11:00 am UTC-5
- Florida Senior Living Association