Website Florida Senior Living Association
This position reports to the Vice President of Public Policy and Legal Affairs
Exempt employee – 40 hours per week
This position will develop educational courses and, programs for assisted living, independent living and memory care communities, while also supporting FSLA’s Legislative, Regulatory and Public Policy efforts. While working in a small, team environment, the position will require an analytical, creative problem solver with the ability to prioritize under multiple deadlines. Strong advocacy, writing, and communication skills are important, as this position requires a good working relationship with FSLA members, staff and other stakeholders. This position will need to have or develop a detailed understanding of Florida’s senior living regulatory rules, operations and procedures and be able to correctly and concisely explain how they are implemented.
Responsibilities include developing educational courses and programs, responding to member and stakeholder queries, monitoring and analyzing agency rulemaking and other agency activities, informing members and other stakeholders of items of importance via communication pieces and other content creation, and otherwise supporting the Vice President and CEO as needed to efficiently accomplish FSLA’s mission.
Preferred knowledge, skills and abilities will be used to:
- Develop educational courses using a Learning Management System and other platforms (in-person, conference calls, online webinars/meetings) that meet state requirements for certification and continuing education;
- Develop annual education annual calendar,
- Develop workshops, PowerPoint presentations, webinars, and other events to promote FSLA and inform or otherwise educate members and stakeholders in the senior living community;
- Work with staff to plan and schedule presentations, speakers, industry partners, exhibitors and sponsors; and
- Design and administer regulatory surveys to learn about community practices, preferences, and concerns.
Minimum Qualifications (may be waived with based on experience):
- Bachelor’s degree
- RN, LPN or similar nursing/clinical experience preferred
- Significant computer skills, including Microsoft word, excel, power point, adobe, social media, creating and presenting online webinars, and marketing programs such as constant contact
- Significant experience using Learning Management System
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org